Ocean Grove – links to useful resources
In the News
The Voice – https://oceangrovevoice.com.au/digital-editions/
The Independent – https://geelongindy.com.au/digital-editions/
The Bellarine Times – https://timesnewsgroup.com.au/bellarinetimes/
Appointment of new Planning Minister Lizzie Blandthorn – https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/the-minister-and-the-lobbyist-blandthorn-siblings-face-conflict-questions-20220628-p5ax3n.html
New Bellarine Memorial Park – https://timesnewsgroup.com.au/bellarinetimes/news/site-works-start-at-new-bellarine-memorial-park/
- Distinctive Areas and Landscapes – https://engage.vic.gov.au/project/distinctive-areas-and-landscapes-program/page/bellarine-peninsula
- Planning Scheme – https://mapshare.vic.gov.au/Vicplan/index.html?RunWorkflow=LgaSelect&lga=Greater%20Geelong
- Geelong Council – – https://www.geelongaustralia.com.au/places/item/oceangrove.aspx
- SES http://www.bellarineses.org.au/
- Barwon Health – https://www.barwonhealth.org.au/
- Bellarine Community Health – https://www.bch.org.au/home
- Todays Weather – https://janesweather.com/forecast/graph – Type in Suburb
- Bellarine Communiy Register – https://bellarineregister.org.au/
- Kitjarra-dja-bul Bullarto langi-ut project, Lower Barwon River Project –https://mailchi.mp/98ad2a402150/kitjarra-dja-bul-bullarto-langi-ut-masterplan?e=9496d63dfc
- CCMA – ccma.vic.gov.au
- Draft Southeast Bellarine Coast Coastal and Marine Management Plan – https://yoursay.geelongaustralia.com.au/CMMP
- Protect The Bellarine – https://www.protectthebellarine.com/about-2
- Ocean Grove District Ride Centre – https://yoursay.geelongaustralia.com.au/OGDRC
Solar and Batteries
Approved Virtual Power Plant (VPP) programs – https://www.solar.vic.gov.au/approved-virtual-power-plant-programs
Ocean Grove History
This web site doesn’t belong to the Geelong Historical Society, the Geelong Family History Group, the Geelong Heritage Centre, or any other local or family history group or organisation in the district. It belongs to one individual who for a couple of decades has been compiling, collecting, encouraging volunteers, and creating these 400+ web pages for people researching in our region.
The Ocean Grove Park Inc is a Not For Profit Association (Reg. No. A0033011P) that has a considerable amount of information about the park
There are more than a thousand images that can be sorted by dates, or places, or photographers, etc.
This is a private site with an amazing number of things of interest to historians. There are extensive databases for researching history of places, people, and more.
Martin Klabbers’ wonderful website – Only available on the wayback machine – from original website – working to provide a fix
This link used to take you to a set of images that Martin has collected together that illustrate the history of nearby Barwon Heads.
About the bridge over the Barwon River -currently not available – working to provide a fix
This page was on Martin Klabbers’ site has some interesting information about the history of the bridge over the Barwon River.