ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Stop developers changing the Ocean Grove Town Settlement Boundary.
Developers and some landowners are currently seeking to change the Ocean Grove Town Settlement Boundary to allow even more housing development.
If you’d like to stop the sprawl of Ocean Grove and help us retain the seaside town and natural environment we all love about our town, please sign this petition.
Developers want the land to the west of Grubb Road, the land east of Banks Road and the strip of land to the north between the current Oakdene housing development and the Bellarine Highway to be included in the Ocean Grove Town Settlement Boundary.
We are in the critical window now in June 2021 with the release of a draft Statement of Planning Policy (SPP) document by DELWP expected this month (June) for community consultation and feedback. This SPP is part of the Bellarine Distinctive Areas and Landscapes (DAL)process. This SPP must include the establishment of the permanent settlement boundary for our town of Ocean Grove and not open up yet more green spaces to developers.
Say NO to this – ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Sign up on our on line petition at:
The Ocean Grove Community Association Inc considers that the Ocean Grove Town Settlement Boundary as depicted in the Geelong Council graphic in this petition should be retained and reinforced as the long-term settlement boundary for Ocean Grove through the position currently contained in The City of Greater Geelong Settlement Strategy Amendment C395, and through The Department of Environment, Water, Land and Planning (DEWLP) Statement of Planning Policy for the Bellarine Distinctive Areas and Landscapes.
The City of Greater Geelong’s Settlement Strategy plan is to keep the Ocean Grove Town Settlement Boundary as it is. Developers, unsuccessfully challenged this strategy at an Independent Panel Hearing (Amendment C395). Developers still want more land for development and will try again through the Bellarine DAL process being run by DELWP.
The Ocean Grove Community Association Inc says ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and supports the Council’s position of no change to our existing town settlement boundary.
What can you do about it? If you share our view don’t sit back and watch as our town is changed forever – make your voice heard – if you think ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
- Add your name to this petition.
- Email the Member for the Bellarine Lisa Neville MP, and tell her “ENOUGH IS ENOUGH” and you don’t want the Ocean Grove town settlement boundary changed to allow more development and you strongly support the Geelong Council’s current position in Amendment C395. Email: email@example.com
- Email the Minister for Planning, Richard Wynne MP and tell him “ENOUGH IS ENOUGH” and you don’t want the Ocean Grove town settlement boundary changed to allow more development and you strongly support the Geelong Council’s current position in Amendment C395. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share your concerns with your friends on social media or over coffee. Encourage them to have a voice and sign the petition and participate in the email campaign. Ask them to tell their friends and colleagues. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
The best way for people to keep in touch is:
- Like or follow the Ocean Grove Community Association Facebook page.
- Become a member of Ocean Grove Community Association at:
- Follow our regular updates in local newspapers.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, stop the sprawl of Ocean Grove and help us retain the seaside town and natural environment we all love about our town. Please sign this petition and tell your friends.