2018-11-7 Minutes

Ocean Grove Community Association Inc

Committee

 

Minutes of Meeting 

held

 

7.00pm Wednesday

 

7 November 2018

 

at

 

Ocean Grove Bowling Club

 

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.ogca.com.au

   
Item Description

ü Present

x Apology

Minutes Distributed
1.0 ATTENDANCE    
 

Meeting Opened at 7.00pm

Meeting Closed at 9.00pm

   
1.1 Committee    
  Phil Edwards (PE) (Chair & Secretary) ü ü
  Michael Harbour (MH) X ü 
  David Reid (DR) ü ü
  Karen Thornton (KT) X ü
  Gordon King (GK)     ü ü
  Michael Schomacker (MS) X ü
  Noel Emselle (NE)  (Treasurer) ü ü
  Jo Hawthorne (JH) ü ü
  Ian Rabone (IR) X ü
  Carla Pascoe-Leahy (CP) X ü
  Lloyd Smith (LS) ü ü
1.2 Public    
  Nil
2.0 Special Presentation/Guests  
  Nil
3.0 MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING Action By
3.1
  • Minutes of previous meeting accepted as being correct.
All
4.0 CORRESPONDENCE  
4.1 Correspondence In  
 
  • Invoice for drawings (Grubb Road)
  • Email COGG 16/10– PPN update (Aaron McGlade) see Agenda item 5.6.1
  • Email from Councillor Asher re inputs for next COGG budget cycle
  • Invite to attend Barwon Community Health AGM 5:45 Tues 27 Nov; Drysdale Community
  • Health Centre
  • Membership invitation to Greater Geelong and Bellarine Community Safety Network Project Working Group.
  • Spaces, Places and Services Survey for the City of Greater Geelong – 10 am Fri 16th at the OG Library Meeting Room
  • Response from Sarah Henderson – re perhaps attend forum
  • RRV early themes from community meeting
 
4.2 Correspondence Out  
 
  • 8/10 5 x letters to schools for newsletters to promote forum.
  • 9/10 Email to COGG re issues post 8 Oct meeting with Regional Roads/COGG.
  • Emails various re website hosting server change requirement.
  • Minutes of meeting - Regional Roads/COGG/OGCA.
  • Letter to Lisa Neville re cost estimate for Grubb Rd/Adco intersection improvement ($350K).
  • Media Release to Voice – Grubb/Adco intersection (published front page in Voice 24/10)
  • Facebook survey monkey.
  • Email to CBCA re consolidated list of COGG budget priorities (draft list – for discussion/confirmation at this meeting.
  • 29/10 Letter (by email) to State Government candidates – issues.
  • 29/10 Email to RRV re any early outcomes from 9 Oct community engagement they can share.
  • 30/10 Media Release to Voice – Forum election issues & ad for the 14 Nov Forum.
  • 3/11MediaRelease to Addy, Echo etc – Forum Election Issues;call from Rusty Woodger Light Rail follow up
  • 5/11 Response to Michael Bell
 
5.0 BUSINESS ARISING  
5.1

Treasure’s Report / Finance

  • Current balance $1,601. No Change

Note since the meeting:  $50 income from BHA for 50% of Candidates Forum Costs; $100 expenditure to OGBC for Forum costs (room hire)

NE

5.2 OGCA Web Site / Facebook  
5.2.1 WebSite       http://www.ogca.com.au                  (Committee Lead - Phil Edwards)
  • Update to new nameservers; one broken link under repair.

PE

5.2.2 Facebook                                                            (Committee Lead - Phil Edwards)
  • Continues to gain increasing use.

PE

5.3

New Committee Members

  • Promotion of OGCA at Rotary Market 2nd Dec 2018 9am-11am

o    Jo Hawthorne & David Reid  agreed to lead

o    Material & Equipment required,

§  tent/shelter, easle, card tables & chairs (DR),

§  OGCA Banner (IR),

§  OGCA Brochure with membership application, (MH via PE)

§  A1 & A3 size copies of Grubb Road design (MH)

o    Fee to pay to Rotary on the day for site hire $6 cash  - payer to get receipt for reimbursement through NE.

JH

DR

IR

MH

5.4 Fund Raising
  • LionsLS following up with Lions.  Answer post 20 Nov on a date.

LS

5.5 Spare  
5.6 Planning Matters  
5.6.1 Ocean Grove Principal Pedestrian Network         (Committee Lead - Phil Edwards)
  • Recommended payment scheme to be considered by Council on 27 Nov Council Meeting (Agenda and meeting papers will be available for public viewing on COGG website 24 Nov).
PE

5.7
Traffic Matters (RRV/COGG)                         
5.7.1

RRV/COGG/OGCA Meetings

  • Post our 7 Nov OGCA Meeting the following updates:

o    Approaches to Ocean Grove – potential pollution

§  COGG requested we formally advise them of our concerns:

  • Lodged letter with location graphic to COGG, CMMA and to the EPA on 19 Nov. EPA REPORT REF # 200235591

o    Thacker Street –

§  COGG advised no plans for future upgrade works at this time.

§  COGG rep could not see verge damage reported by OGCA.  GK will send COGG rep pictures of verge damage. DONE. COGG Report #RFS 1405925)

o    Grubb Road “track” – COGG requested we provide a date to meet on site with COGG Enviro Rep. GK to follow up with COGG rep in early 2019.

  • Next meeting with RRV/COGG/OGCA is 9.00am 25 Feb 2019
All
5.7.2 Upgrading of Grubb Road                                     (Committee Lead – Gordon King)
  • Listed on State Government Candidates Issues
  • RRV Feedback from Community Workshop is attached to these minutes

GK

MH

5.7.3 Spare  
5.7.4 Walking Track Refurbishment (Grubb Road – Thacker Street to Nature Reserve) (Committee Lead – Gordon King)
  • Post meetingGrubb Road “track” – COGG requested we provide a date to meet on site with COGG Enviro Rep.GK to follow up with COGG rep in early 2019.
GK
5.7.5 Traffic Flow Pattern (The Terrace)
  • No discussion.
DR
5.7.6 Orton Street/Presidents Avenue
  • Both major political parties in campaigning have committed to fixing this intersection.
MH
5.8 Community Forums  
5.8.1 School based forum                                                 (Committee Lead – Karen Thorton)
  • Agreed that this Forum be removed from future Agenda at this time.
KT
5.8.2 State Election Candidates Forum  14 Nov 18    (Committee Lead – Phil Edwards)
  • Final details and tasks were confirmed.
PE
5.8.3

Bellarine Environment & Cultural Heritage Centre

(Committee Lead – Noel Emselle)

  • Agreed new name “Southern Bellarine Coastal Trail” at this time
  • Agreed OGCA to commit $500 to support Community Forum
  • Agreed go/no go for forum would need to be made at 6 Feb 2019 meeting driven by funding.
  • NE to pursue funding grants, sponsorship or partnerships.
  • Forum date 3 May 2019, at Shell Road complex.

NE

5.9 Barwon Heads Association (BHA) Meetings
  • PE provided overview of RRV plans for Christmas traffic congestion through BH from RRV/COGG/BHA Parking Meeting of 26 Oct.
 
5.10 The Ocean Grove Voice                                        (Committee Lead – Phil Edwards)
  • Media Release on Election and Election issues sent. (and published)
  • Grubb/Adco media release sent (and published)
PE
5.11 Bellarine Community Safety Committee              (Committee Lead – Gordon King)
  • Next meeting will be in Feb 2019
  • Lisa Neville’s office (Ian Trezise) advised they will provide date and minutes from last meeting post election (??? if they win government)
GK
5.11 A New Item  - Greater Geelong & Bellarine Community Safety Network Project Working Group
  • See attachment to agenda – invited to be member of the WG
  • JH & LS agreed to be OGCA rep on the WG
  • First meeting Tue 4 Dec 12-2pm Dept of Justice & Regulation L5/30 Little Malop St Geelong
 
5.12 Council Meeting Agenda                                    (Committee Lead – Karen Thorton)
  • No report.
  • PE advised this may be overtaken by CBCA to take turns to send a rep to the actual meeting.  tbc
  • Note: Agenda and papers are available on COGG website on the Friday before each Council Meeting

KT

5.13 Ocean Grove Business Association                      (Committee Lead – Phil Edwards)
  • PE to follow up.
  • Post meeting contacted Ty (Driftwood) who will attend our 6 Feb 2019 meeting.

PE

5.14 Combined Bellarine Community Associations (CBCA)
  • Future meeting dates are: 10.00 am on Saturday’s at the Springdale Centre, Drysdale.
  • 8 December 10am.  Likely guest speaker CEO COGG.  PE & JH to attend.
  • 2019 - 16 February (tbc) 
  • Copy of a consolidated letter sent by CBCA to all State government candidates is attached to these minutes.

All

All

5.15 State Election Issues (Lobbying)                  (Committee Lead – Michael Harbour)
  • Agreed to review list in 2019 to determine which issues to pursue.
All
6.0 NEW BUSINESS  
6.1
  • Agreed to pay $160 for Grubb Road drawing services.
All
7.0 NEXT COMMITTEE MEETING  
7.1 6:30 pm Wednesday 5 December 2018 at the Ocean Grove Bowling Club restaurant
  • Agreed to be end of year dinner.
  • Pay own way.
  • Partners welcome.  6:30 PM
  • ALL Names to JH please.
All
7.2 2019 Future Meeting Dates:   7.00pm (first Wed of the month)
  • 6 Feb, 6 Mar, 3 Apr
Note
8.0 Next community forum  
8.1
  • State Election Candidates Forum-7.00pm Wednesday 14 November 18
All