2018-03-07 Minutes 1

Ocean Grove Community Association

Committee

Minutes of Meeting

held

7.00pm Wednesday 7 March 2018

at

   Ocean Grove Bowling Club

   
Item Description

ü Present

x Apology

Minutes Distributed
1.0 ATTENDANCE    
 

Meeting Opened at 7.00pm

Meeting Closed at 8.20pm

   
1.1 Committee    
  Michael Harbour (MH) (Chairperson) X ü
  Howard Deane (HD) (Deputy Chairperson/Treasurer) ü ü
  Phil Edwards (PE) (Secretary) ü ü
  David Reid (DR) ü ü
  Karen Thornton (KT) ü ü
  Gordon King (GK) ü ü
  Michael Schomacker (MS) X ü
  Noel Emselle (NE) X ü
  Jo Hawthorne (JH) X ü
  Ian Rabone ü ü
1.2 Public    
  NIL    
2.0 Special Presentation/Guests  
  NIL  
3.0 MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING Action By
3.1
  • Minutes of previous meeting accepted as being correct.
All
4.0 CORRESPONDENCE  
4.1 Correspondence In  
 
  • Nil
 
4.2 Correspondence Out  
 
  • Letter of thanks sent to Rotary Club re Market Gold Coin donation activity.
PE
5.0 BUSINESS ARISING  
5.1 Treasure’s Report / Finance
  • Current balance remains unchanged from last month at $980; still awaiting cheque ($1092.85) from OG Rotary Club from market gold coin.

HD

5.2 OGCA Web Site / Facebook  
5.2.1 WebSite       http://www.ogca.com.au   
  • Discussion on value/benefit/cost of our current website.  Action: HD to review along with our facebook and report back to next meeting.

HD

5.2.2 Facebook
  • See 5.2.1

HD

5.3 New Committee Members
  • Mention of three people who attended an earlier meeting and potential to invite them to join.  Action: PE to email them and invite to next meeting.

PE

5.4 Fund Raising
  • None planned or required until Caravan Park Xmas raffle in conjunction with the Lions Club.
  • In due course write to OG Rotary Club re Gold Coin donation in late 2018/early 2019.

PE

5.5 Localism & Sustainability
  • Discussion agreed to remove this from future agendas.

All

5.6 Planning Matters  
5.6.1 Significant Tree Overlay
  • Update as per emails sent to all members with information from Council Meeting Agenda Item of 27 Feb 18.
  • Discussion agreed to now remove this issue from the Agenda.
All
5.6.2 Ocean Grove Urban Design Framework
  • Update as per emails sent to all members with information from Council officers.
  • Summary – little action – no money.
Note
5.6.3 Ocean Grove Principal Pedestrian Network
  • Update as per emails sent to all members with information from Council officers.
  • Summary – behind schedule, waiting for new council officer to progress.
  • Discussion agreed PE to contact Council officer and get a progress/plan update; Consider response/s as part of Newsletter to the Voice.
PE
5.6.4 Planning Application – Communications Facility
  • Question raised by JH prior to meeting.
  • Application reviewed at OG Service Centre.“Facility” is the replacement of an existing light pole in Coles Car Park with a replacement 21m light pole with Telstra Mobile Comms equipment on top and cabinet at the base. Matter closed.
All

5.7
Traffic Matters (VicRoads/COGG)
  • Next meeting scheduled for Monday 19 Mar.MH, PE, GK to attended
  • Discussion agreed to restrict/concentrate that meeting agenda to Grubb Road Duplication and in future keep a narrower/tighter agenda and limit ourselves to major issues where we can make a difference/strong Community interest or concern.
  • From last month - Waiting feedback on Barwon Bridge Christmas traffic review by VicRoads.
 
5.7.1 Duplication of Grubb Road
  • See 5.7
 
5.8 Community Forums - Discussion agreed to schedule 3 forums for 2018.  
5.8.1
  • School based forum - KT to lead follow up and discuss potential
KT
5.8.2
  • State Election Candidates Forum

o   State Election date is 24 Nov 18.

o   Plan for forum on Wed 14 Nov.

o   Consider shared with Barwon Heads as they are part of the Bellarine District.

o   Immediate Action: PE to discuss with BHCA.

PE
5.8.3
  • AGM Combined with Meet the Elected Councillors

o   Discussion agreed good opportunity for feedback to the Community on new Councillors views/progress.

o   Look to schedule May or Jun.

o   Immediate Actions:  PE to contact councillors to see if interested and possible dates.

 
5.8.4 BE&CH Proposal -
  • Discussion was – TBA.

NE

5.8.5
  • Spare
 
5.9 Barwon Heads Association (BHA) Meetings
  • Nothing new to report.
 
5.10 The Ocean Grove Voice
  • Discussion agreed next newsletter should be based on outcomes of meeting with Council officers re OG Principal Pedestrian network and meeting with VICRoads/COGG Roads on Grubb Road.
 
5.11 Bellarine Community Safety Committee
  • Waiting notification of next meeting date.
All
5.12 Council Meeting Agenda (Council meetings have recommenced)
  • HD to cover next month.
KT
5.13 Bellarine Community Council (BCC)
  • Discussion agreed we would cease to engage with BCC and remove from future Agenda.
All
5.14 Combined Bellarine Community Associations (CBCA)
  • Next meeting 17 Mar PE to attend and Chair.
  • 17 Mar meeting Agenda centres on Admin (frequency or meeting, rotating Chairs, Vision/Purpose, major issues).
PE
6.0 NEW BUSINESS  
6.1
  • Discussion agreed HD to contact OG Business Assn for prelim discussion re possible “light touch” combined meetings and discussion on any future steps. (Post meeting update – HD spoke to Ty Simonds of OGBA and they will meet post Easter re get together with OGCA)
  • Discussion agreed members to consider adopting an Agenda Issue and to lead on that issue in order to more evenly spread the work load across the Committee members.PE volunteered for Pedestrian Network; KT tentatively agreed to Facebook management.All requested to indicate at next meeting.
  • OG Structure Plan is due to be reviewed in 2021.PE to highlight to Bellarine Councillors to ensure forward funding of the review.
  • All were asked to look at their calendars for 2018 and availability to Chair our meetings and advise PE.
  • Membership list – HD to follow up with Meredith to get latest copy.
All
7.0 NEXT COMMITTEE MEETING  
7.1 7pm 4 Apr at the Ocean Grove Bowling Club – Board Room. All
7.2 2018 Meeting Dates:   7pm
  • 2 May, 6 June, 4 July, 1 August, 5 September, 3 October, 7 November, 5 December
Note
8.0 Next community forum  
8.1
  • TBC
All