2017-04-05 Minutes

Ocean Grove Community Association

Committee

Minutes of Meeting

held

7.00pm Wednesday 5 April 2017

at

   Ocean Grove Bowling Club

   
Item Description

ü Present

x Apology

Minutes Distributed
1.0 ATTENDANCE    
 

Meeting Opened at 7.00pm

Meeting Closed at 8:15pm

   
1.1 Committees     
  Michael Harbour (MH) (Chairperson/Secretary) ü ü
  Howard Deane (HD) (Deputy Chairperson/Treasurer) X ü
  Ray Davey (RD) X ü
  Phil Edwards (PE) ü ü
  Gordon King (GK) ü ü
  David Reid (DR)  ü ü
  Michael Schomacker (MS) x ü
  Karen Thornton (KT) ü ü
1.2 Public    
  Nil    
2.0 Special Presentation/Guests  
  Nil.  
3.0 MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING Action By
3.1
  • Minutes of the March 2017 meeting were accepted
All
4.0 CORRESPONDENCE  
4.1 Correspondence In  
 
  • Miscellaneous emails covered under various topics
 
4.2 Correspondence Out  
 
  • Lodged VCAT objection Grubb Road trees
 
5.0 BUSINESS ARISING  
5.1 Treasure’s Report / Finance
  • Balance $1,309;
  • Copy of OGCA Financial Report for year ending 31 Mar 17 circulated for info – to be presented at AGM

HD

5.2 OGCA Web Site / Facebook  
5.2.1 WebSite       http://www.ogca.com.au     
5.2.2 Facebook
  •  
 
5.3 New Committee Members
  • NIL – No Change
  • Discussion on school based forums; card table at supermarket or other locations.
  • KT to speak to Bellarine Secondary College

KT

5.4 Fund Raising
  • Need to plan that we may not get a Rotary Market “Gold Coin Donation” opportunity every year

All

5.5 Localism & Sustainability
  • No Report

RD

5.6 Planning Matters  
5.6.1 Spare  
5.6.2

Spare

 
5.6.3 Significant Tree Overlay
  • Amendment C349 - Now open for submissions – closes 18 April 17
Note
5.6.4 Grubb Road Trees
  • VCAT objection lodged.  Objection shared with about 5 other groups/individuals.  Cost to be shared in due course.  Cost may be reimbursed if resolved through mediation outside of VCAT.
  • MH continuingdiscussions with developer in regard to redesign options.
MH

5.7
Traffic Matters (VicRoads/COGG)
  • Nothing to report

MH

5.8 Community Forums  
5.8.1
  • Neighbourhood Watch.  PE continuing to explore new models of Neighbourhood watch with a view to a possible forum in later part of 2017

PE

5.8.2 Possible OGCA Forums for 2017/8
  • VicRoads - General traffic issues.
  • Neighbourhood Watch.  (see 5.8.1)
  • COGG Elections (see 5.8.3)
  • Repeat Community Safety Forum for 2018
  • Federal Member forum (see 5.8.7)

Note

5.8.3 COGG Elections 2017
  •  PE spoke with Vic Electoral Commission on 6/4/17.  Election date has still not been signed off by Govt.  However PROPOSED dates would see nominations for candidates Open 21 Sep and Close 26 Sep 17.
  • Community Forum with Candidates needs to be before postal vote commences.
  • Therefore we should consider planning a forum in the first week of October at this time.

All

5.8.4 BE&CH Proposal
  • GK advised it is still progressing
GK
5.8.5 OGCA AGM
  • Date to be agreed at the next meeting (must be within 5 months of Mar 17)
  • Agreed that AGM and any Forum could be separate activities.
  • Could be combined with Federal Member Forum (see 5.8.7)
All
5.8.6 Presentation by 3 x COGG Administrators
  • Scheduled for 17 May at Bowls Club at 5:15 PM to meet with OGCA Committee.  Then public meeting at 6pm.
  • OGCA possible issues for discussion:
    • Structure of council along ward boundary lines to provide better alignment & relationships
    • Duplication of Grubb Road
    • Population cap on Ocean Grove
    • Local representation advisory board
    • Interaction with Community (and other) Associations
  • Committee members to list any other topics and we can discuss at 3 May OGCA Committee meeting.

All

All

5.8.7 Federal Member Forum
  • Winter Federal Parliament recess – from 26 June to 4 August 2017 (as set on 7 Feb 17)
  • We could therefore consider mid-late July and hold AGM at same time (if we want to?)
  • Need to contact MP office to determine her interest and suitable date.

Note

Note

MH

5.9 Barwon Heads Association (BHA) Meetings
  • Nothing to report
 
5.10 The Ocean Grove Voice
  • Next newsletter in the next couple of weeks

MH

5.11 Bellarine Community Safety Committee
  • KT attended meeting Friday 10 Mar 12:45pm at St Leonards Mens Shed.
  • KT reported - felt more like PR activity then community engagement
  • We could consider an activity (perhaps with OG Mens Shed) for number plate one way screw for OG.

KT

5.12

Spare

 
5.13 Council Meeting Agenda (Council meetings have recommenced)
  • Nothing to report
RD
5.14 Bellarine Community Council
  • MH & PE attended various meetings.  Now getting structure and purpose in order.
  • A Community Council which has Associations as members
  • OGCA will be invited to join $50pa
  • Discussion was that we should join, but quorum not available to vote on expenditure.

MH/PE

6.0 NEW BUSINESS  
6.1 Barwon Estuary – Invitation to attend project launch 4pm Wed 19 April 2017 ay Ozone Jetty Barwon Heads. (refer to email sent out by MH)

All

6.2 Our Future Assembly – Invitation to attend event on 6 May 2017.  (refer to email sent out by MH) All
             
7.0 NEXT COMMITTEE MEETING  
7.1 7pm 3 May 2017 at the Ocean Grove Bowling Club.  
  • GK  advised he will be apology
  • PE advised he will be apology for May and June
All
7.2 2017 Meeting dates:
  • 7 June, 5 July, 2 August, 6 September, 4 October, 1 November, & 6 December
Note
8.0 Next community forum  
8.1 TBA All