2017-02-01 Minutes

Ocean Grove Community Association

Committee

Minutes of Meeting

held

7.00pm Wednesday 1 February 2017

at

   Ocean Grove Bowling Club

   
Item Description

ü Present

x Apology

Minutes Distributed
1.0 ATTENDANCE    
  Meeting Opened at 7.00pm    
1.1 Committees     
  Michael Harbour (MH) (Chairperson/Secretary) ü ü
  Howard Deane (HD) (Deputy Chairperson/Treasurer) x ü
  Ray Davey (RD) ü ü
  Phil Edwards (PE) ü ü
  Gordon King (GK) ü ü
  David Reid (DR)  ü ü
  Michael Schomacker (MS) ü ü
  Karen Thornton (KT) ü ü
1.2 Public    
  Nil    
2.0 Special Presentation/Guests  
  Nil.  
3.0 MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING Action By
3.1
  • Minutes of the November 2016 meeting were accepted
All
4.0 CORRESPONDENCE  
4.1 Correspondence In  
 
  • Miscellaneous emails
 
4.2 Correspondence Out  
 
  • Thank you letter/emails to Rotary Club and Lions Club for fund raising support
 
5.0 BUSINESS ARISING  
5.1 Treasure’s Report / Finance
  • No report; however funds from Lions Club Caravan Raffle have been banked

HD

5.2 OGCA Web Site / Facebook  
5.2.1 WebSite       http://www.ogca.com.au   
  • Information continually being updated

All Note

5.2.2 Facebook
  • Nil to report.  

MS

5.3 New Committee Members
  • GK to approach View Club

GK

5.4 Fund Raising
  • Thank you letters/emails sent for 2016 activities
  • We have asked for repeat in 2017 for both activities
  • Grants: MH to explore grant/s to gain $1000 for updated banner and marquee
  • MS advised he could source replacement banner at minimal/no cost

MH

MS

5.5 Localism & Sustainability
  • Ray provided update

RD

5.6 & 57 Town Centre – Urban Design Framework (UDF) & Ocean Grove Structure Plan Review
  • UDF gazzetted by Minister
  • Significant tree overlay referred to Minister  

MH

             


5.8 Traffic Matters (VicRoads/COGG)
  • Next meeting with VicRoads/COGG scheduled for 10.30am 22 February at VicRoads offices – please advise your attendance to MH.
  • Removal of trees on Grubb Road (Association had lodged an objection) – revised proposal provided to COGG by developer and objections remain in place unless withdrawn.  Our objection remains.  There is a Council Development Hearing Panel meeting 5.00pm Thursday 16 February 2017. We will be attending and objecting to the proposed as per our original objections.

All

MH

5.9 Community Forums  
5.9.1
  • Discussion on Community Safety Forum:
    • PE was thanked for organising and facilitation the Forum.
    • Perhaps run each second year.
    • Consider a school as a venue to increase “interest”.
    • Add the fbook “Ocean Grove Barwon Heads Community Noticeboard” and “Bellarine Peninsula Noticeboard” to the advertising channels.
    • Consider how to involve students and their ideas.
  • Neighbourhood Watch
    • Follow up with Police Community Liaison on Neighbourhood Watch
    • Consider Community Forum if there is Community interest
      • need to determine if there is interest
      • how to involve younger population and their ideas on “how to”

All

PE

5.9.2 Possible OGCA Forums for 2017
  • Combined Ocean Grove UDF Priorities, Structural Plan Review outcomes and Traffic Issues Community Forum – Agreed that this should be after the Planning Scheme Amendment is approved by the Minister.
  • VicRoads - General traffic issues
  • Proposal from Noel Emselle might lead to a forum type activity – GK to follow up with Noel
  • Neighbourhood Watch (see 5.9.1)
  • COGG Elections (see 5.9.3)

Note

GK

5.9.3 COGG Elections 2017
  •  Community Forum with Candidates needs to be before postal vote commences.

Note

5.10 Barwon Heads Association (BHA) Meetings
  • Nothing to report
 
5.11 The OG Voice
  • MH to prepare next newsletter.

MH

5.12 Bellarine Community Safety Committee
  • Website for Bellarine Community Safety website now established:  http://www.bsafebellarine.com.au
  • Website includes a range of links (including our own website)

All

5.13 Ocean Grove Principal Pedestrian Network

All note

5.14 Council Meeting Agenda (Council meetings have recommenced)

RD

6.0 NEW BUSINESS  
6.1 Bellarine Futures Group
  • MH & PE attended meeting at Drysdale on Sat 21 January 2017 and provided an overview of the meeting and the broad direction/s.  At “formation” stage at this time.
  • All agreed OGCA should stay engaged

MH/PE


7.0 NEXT COMMITTEE MEETING  
7.1 7pm 1 March 2017 at the Ocean Grove Bowling Club.   All
7.2 2017 Meeting dates:
  • 5 April, 3 May, 7 June, 5 July, 2 August, 6 September, 4 October, 1 November, & 6 December
Note
8.0 Next community forum  
8.1 TBA All