2015-05-06 Minutes

Ocean Grove Community Association

Committee

Minutes of Meeting

held

7.30pm Wednesday 6 May 2015

at

   Ocean Grove Bowling Club

 

Item

Description

ü Present

x Apology

Minutes Distributed

1.0

ATTENDANCE

 

 

1.1

Meeting Opened at 7.30pm

 

 

 

John Fendyk (JF)- on leave.

x

ü

 

David Reid (DR) 

ü

ü

 

Geurt Hey (GH)

ü

ü

 

Howard Deane (HD) – away.

x

ü

 

Michael Harbour (MH) (A/Chairperson)

ü

ü

 

Ray Davey (RD)

ü

ü

 

Robyn Hayles (RH)

x

ü

 

Michael welcomed Phil Edwards who is interested in joining the committee.

ü

ü

2.0

Special Presentation/Guests

 

 

Nil.

Note

3.0

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING

Action By

3.1

Acceptance of previous meeting’s minutes – 1 April 2015 endorsed. They can now be put on the OGCA web site.

All

4.0

CORRESPONDENCE

 

4.1

Correspondence In

 

 

Nil.   

Note

4.2

Correspondence Out

 

 

Nil.

Note

5.0

BUSINESS ARISING

 

5.1

Town Centre – Urban Design Framework (UDF)

·         Agreed we should seek community input into priortising projects/implementation program. This will be a separate Community Forum after the Minister for Planning approves the UDF. MH advised that Council is still waiting for the Minister for Planning’s approval. (Note: New Minister)   

 

MH/All

5.2

Traffic Matters

Next meeting VicRoads/COGG will be August 2015.

Traffic Unit been invited to meet at Ocean Grove to discuss;

·         Presidents Ave/The Terrace intersection,

·         Speed limits in Presidents Ave,

·         Exiting the main car park on to Presidents Ave.  

 

MH/All

5.3

Fund Raising

Need to explore options for raising funds.

·         Lions Raffle – Proposing to be an annual event in January each year.  

·         Rotary – Maybe approach Rotary to do fun raising event at one of their Sunday Markets.

·         Local Government Grants.

·         Gold coin donation at Community Forums.

 

 

HD

 

All

All

5.4

OGCA Web Site / Facebook

 

5.4.1

WebSite

·         Agreed to allow Meredith to update the web site on a monthly basis. Also agreed to include Minutes, Reports, Media Releases.

·         Need to update photos etc.

 

MH

 

MF

5.4.2

Facebook

·         Facebook now fully active and linked to the web site.

 

Note

5.5

Treasure’s Report / Finance

·         Bank Balance –To be advised.

Note

 

5.6

Localism

·         National General Assembly of Local Government is holding a conference 14 to 17 June 2015 in Canberra.

 

RD

             

 

 

5.7

G21

·         Nothing to report.

 

All

5.8

Barwon Heads Association Meetings

·         MH discussed with Judith Brooks (BHA) about having joint meetings and Community Forum in 2015. Judith will discuss with her Committee.

 

MH

 

5.9

Community Forums

 

5.9.1

Possible Forums for 2015

·         Ocean Grove UDF Priorities

·         Mayor to speak at Barwon Heads Hall. Judith Brooks (BHA) is organising. MH has discussed with Mayor. MH will follow up with Judith Brooks.

·         Joint Forums with BHA;

-         Local member for Bellarine  District State Candidate. (Lisa Neville)

·         Also possible to have a meeting to ‘meet the community’ in the new Early Children’s Centre or Surfside Centre.

 

All

5.10

The OG Voice

·         MH has prepared May 2015 newsletter for The Voice.

 

MH

5.11

OGCA Model Rules

It was agreed at the last meeting to change the Model Rules – Rule 55 – Terms of office, regarding 2 year term in lieu of current 1 year terms. Wording as follows:

Rule 55 – Term of Office Subrule

 

(1)   Shall be replaced with:-

 

Subject to subrule (3) and rule 56, a committee member holds office until the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting two years after the date of their election.

 

At the first election held after the adoption of this subrule the 50% of committee members with the highest number of votes will be elected for the full term of 2 years and the remaining 50% will be elected only for a term of 1 full year.

 

It will now be put to the June 2015 AGM for approval.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All

5.12

New Committee Members

·         Need to discuss how we can attract new Committee members.

·         GH suggested approaching other organisations (e.g. Rotary, Lions, Business Association, etc.) to share/rotate committee members.

All

5.13

2015 AGM

·         Agreed AGM to be held 7.00pm Wednesday 3 June 2015.

·         It will include Community Forum – Future Direction of Ocean Grove (The Next 10 Years).

James Hamilton (COGG – Strategic Planner) – OG Structural Plan Review and Jason Corless (Kingston Estate – Director) – Kingston Development has both agreed to speak on their respective topics.

The format will be;

1.     James Hamilton – 20 minutes then 15 minutes for questions.

2.     Jason Corless – 20 minutes then 15 minutes for questions.

It was suggested that we also send out an invite to our AGM to all the local community groups.

 

 

 

Note

 

 

 

 

 

MH/MF

5.14

Ocean Grove Structure Plan Review

·         MH has spoken to Council (James Hamilton) about reviewing the Ocean Grove Structure Plan which was completed in 2007. Council is having a Street Stall on 23 May 2015 to provide information on Structure Plan Review. MH to follow up if we can promote our AGM.  

MH

6.0

NEW BUSINESS

 

 

Nil.

 

7.0

NEXT COMMITTEE MEETING

 

7.1

Next meeting will be our AGM commencing 7.00pm Wednesday 3 June 2015 at the Ocean Grove Bowling Club.

 

7.2

Next normal meeting to be held 7.30pm Wednesday 1 July 2015 at the Ocean Grove Bowling Club.

All

7.3

2014 Meeting dates: 7.30pm First Wednesday of each month: 5 August, 2 September, 7 October, 4 November, 2 December. 

Note

8.0

Next community forum

 

8.1

AGM 7.00pm Wednesday 3 June 2015.

All