2015-04-01 Minutes

Ocean Grove Community Association

Committee

Minutes of Meeting

held

7.30pm Wednesday 1 April 2015

at

   Ocean Grove Bowling Club

 

Item

Description

ü Present

x Apology

Minutes Distributed

1.0

ATTENDANCE

 

 

1.1

Meeting Opened at 7.30pm

 

 

 

John Fendyk (JF)on leave.

x

ü

 

David Reid (DR) 

ü

ü

 

Geurt Hey (GH)

ü

ü

 

Howard Deane (HD)

x

ü

 

Michael Harbour (MH) (A/Chairperson)

ü

ü

 

Ray Davey (RD)

ü

ü

 

Robyn Hayles (RH)

x

ü

 

Note : as there were only 3 committee members in attendance there was not a quorum so no voting was carried out.

2.0

Special Presentation/Guests

 

 

Noel Emselle (Ocean Grove Rotary) gave a presentation on Community Services projects that the Rotary can be involved with. One project being considered is developing a bike/walk trail between Point Lonsdale and Ocean Grove (and then Queenscliff to Barwon Heads and eventually to Torquay.

·         Lisa Neville has written to Noel supporting the project and possibly using some of the State Government $100M capital funds towards the project.

·         COGG is going to undertake a Feasibility Study (Shaun Briggs – 5272 4968).

OGCA agreed to support the project and could include at our June 2015 AGM Forum.  

 

 

 

Note

 

3.0

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING

Action By

3.1

Acceptance of previous meeting’s minutes – 4 March 2015 endorsed. They can now be put on the OGCA web site.

All

4.0

CORRESPONDENCE

 

4.1

Correspondence In

 

 

Nil.   

Note

4.2

Correspondence Out

 

 

Nil.

Note

5.0

BUSINESS ARISING

 

5.1

Town Centre – Urban Design Framework (UDF)

·         Agreed we should seek community input into priortising projects/implementation program. This will be a separate Community Forum after the Minister for Planning approves the UDF. MH advised that it is still with the Minister for Planning for approval. (Note: New Minister)   

 

MH/All

5.2

Barwon Heads Association Meetings

·         JF to discuss with Judith Brooks (BHA) about having joint meetings and Community Forum in 2015. MH to follow up in JF’s absence. Judith is on leave and will contact MH on her return after Easter.

 

MH

 

5.3

Traffic Matters

·         Next meeting VicRoads/COGG will be August 2015.

·         GH and MH met with VicRoads on 27 March 2015 to discuss the Tuckfield St/Marlin Drv Intersection signalization. VicRoads has developed a concept design but is having issues with existing power poles, bus stop, and underground water mains, we proposed;

·         Moving bus stop north.

·         Any trees that are to be removed to be replaced new and we suggested that plant out whole west side of the soccer pitches.

 

MH/All

           

 

 

5.4

Fund Raising

Need to explore options for raising funds.

·         Lions Raffle – HD organised us to be part of the Lions Raffle 2 January 2015 around the Riverview Caravan Park. It was very successful. They raised $1,200 of which $600 was granted to the OGCA. Letter thanking the Lions Club has been sent. Proposing to be an annual event.

·         Local Government Grants.

·         Gold coin donation at Community Forums.

 

 

HD

 

All

All

5.5

OGCA Web Site / Facebook

 

5.5.1

WebSite

·         Agreed to allow Meredith to update the web site on a monthly basis. Also agreed to include Minutes, Reports, Media Releases.

·         Need to update photos etc.

 

MH

 

MF

5.5.2

Facebook

·         Facebook now fully active and linked to the web site.

 

Note

5.6

Treasure’s Report / Finance

·         Bank Balance –$367.00

Note

 

5.7

Localism

·         A whole number of local issues are starting to come together.

·         UK Localism is growing momentum and looking at what should be local control and central control. “Decentralisation”.

 

RD

5.8

G21

·         Nothing to report.

 

JF

5.9

Community Forums

 

5.9.1

Mayor Community Forum

·         Joint Community Forum with BHA for Mayor to speak at Barwon Heads Hall. Judith Brooks (BHA) is organising. JF has discussed with Mayor. MH will follow up with Judith Brooks when she returns after Easter.

 

MH/JB

5.9.2

Other Possible Forums for 2015

·         Ocean Grove UDF Priorities

·         Ocean Grove Structure Plan Update

·         Joint Forums with BHA;

-         Successful Bellarine District State Candidate. (Lisa Neville)

·         Also possible to have a meeting to ‘meet the community’ in the new Early Children’s Centre or Surfside Centre.

 

All

5.10

The OG Voice

·         March Newsletter has been published in this week’s Voice.

·         MH to prepare April 2015 newsletter for The Voice.

 

MH

5.11

OGCA Model Rules

It was agreed at the last meeting to change the Model Rules – Rule 55 – Terms of office, regarding 2 year term in lieu of current 1 year terms. Wording as follows:

 

Rule 55 – Term of Office Subrule

 

(1)   Shall be replaced with:-

 

Subject to subrule (3) and rule 56, a committee member holds office until the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting two years after the date of their election.

 

At the first election held after the adoption of this subrule the 50% of committee members with the highest number of votes will be elected for the full term of 2 years and the remaining 50% will be elected only for a term of 1 full year.

 

It will now be put to the June 2015 AGM for approval.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All

5.12

New Committee Members

·         Need to discuss how we can attract new Committee members.

·         GH suggested approaching other organisations (e.g. Rotary, The Parks, Business Association) to share/rotate committee members.

All

 

 

5.13

2015 AGM

·         Agreed AGM to be held 3 June 2015.

·         Suggested subject – What is happening in Ocean Grove. Invite VicRoads, COGG, (James Hamilton) / Kingston Estate and Oakdene Estate. Plus Noel Emselle Re bike/walk trail (and Shaun Briggs).

 

5.14

Ocean Grove Structure Plan Review

·         MH has spoken to Council (James Hamilton) about reviewing the Ocean Grove Structure Plan which was completed in 2007. James is happy to come to AGM meeting.

HD

6.0

NEW BUSINESS

 

 

 

 

7.0

NEXT COMMITTEE MEETING

 

7.1

Next meeting to be held 7.30pm Wednesday 6 May 2015 at the Ocean Grove Bowls Club.

All

7.2

2014 Meeting dates: 7.30pm First Wednesday of each month: 3 June, 1 July, 5 August, 2 September, 7 October, 4 November, 2 December. 

Note

8.0

Next community forum

 

8.1

To be advised.

All