2015-03-04 Minutes

Ocean Grove Community Association

Committee

Minutes of Meeting

held

7.30pm Wednesday 4 March 2015

at

   Ocean Grove Bowling Club

 

Item

Description

ü Present

x Apology

Minutes Distributed

1.0

ATTENDANCE

 

 

1.1

Meeting Opened at 7.30pm Chaired by MH.

 

 

 

John Fendyk (JF) (Chairperson)

x

ü

 

David Reid (DR) 

ü

ü

 

Geurt Hey (GH)

x

ü

 

Howard Deane (HD)

ü

ü

 

Michael Harbour (MH)

ü

ü

 

Ray Davey (RD)

ü

ü

 

Robyn Hayles (RH)

x

ü

 

Note : 1. John Fendyk advised that due to work commitments that he may miss the next few meetings. MH to act as Chairperson until JF returns.  

2.0

Special Presentation/Guests

 

 

Jason Corless gave a presentation regarding the future Kingston Estate subdivision works and provided the following comments regarding the overall development.

·         Currently in Stage 30

·         Going to commence development off Banks Road towards end of 2016. Awaiting Barwon Water to construct sewer pump station. The Banks Road storm-water system is based on retention basins and disperses to Freshwater Lake. This will take pressure off Collendina.

·         Future stages, other than residential will be an integrated design including;

-         Industrial Estate (7ha)

-         Commercial Zone (14ha)

-         Retirement Village (4ha)

-         Neighbourhood Activity Centre (7ha)

·         New connectivity link on to Grubb Road (adjacent to Commercial Zone and Neighbourhood Centre) planned to commence within 3 years. We expressed request to limit the number of vehicle access/egress of Grubb Road.

·         Future school site was withdrawn by the previous State Government.

·         Total of 3,500 new house lots, (Kingston and Oakdene) to be developed.

·         Will take about 12 years to reach capacity.

·         Need to consider updating the Ocean Grove Structure Plan (2007) which is now 8 years old.

Note

HD

3.0

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING

Action By

3.1

Acceptance of previous meeting’s minutes – 4 February 2015 endorsed. They can now be put on the OGCA web site.

All

4.0

CORRESPONDENCE

 

4.1

Correspondence In

 

 

Nil.   

Note

4.2

Correspondence Out

 

 

Nil.

Note

5.0

BUSINESS ARISING

 

5.1

Town Centre – Urban Design Framework (UDF)

·         Agreed we should seek community input into priortising projects/implementation program. This will be a separate Community Forum after the Minister for Planning approves the UDF. MH advised that it is still with the Minister for Planning for approval. (Note: New Minister)   

 

MH/All

5.2

Barwon Heads Association Meetings

·         JF to discuss with Judith Brooks (BHA) about having joint meetings and Community Forum in 2015. MH to follow up in JF’s absence.

 

MH

 

5.3

Traffic Matters

·         Next meeting VicRoads/COGG will be August 2015.

 

MH/All

           

 

 

5.4

Fund Raising

Need to explore options for raising funds.

·         Lions Raffle – HD organised us to be part of the Lions Raffle 2 January 2015 around the Riverview Caravan Park. It was very successful. They raised $1,200 of which $600 was granted to the OGCA. Letter thanking the Lions Club has been sent. Proposing to be an annual event.

·         Local Government Grants.

·         Gold coin donation at Community Forums.

 

 

HD

 

All

All

5.5

OGCA Web Site / Facebook

 

5.5.1

WebSite

·         We have invoices for nearly $750 for the web site. This is a large cost on OGCA and we need to reign in. MH has followed up with Liddy about capping her future time to maybe only 5 hours. We will then discuss the future of the website and if we use Facebook only.

·         Agreed to allow Meredith to update the web site on a monthly basis. Also agreed to include Minutes, Reports, Media Releases.

·         Need to update photos etc.

 

MH

 

 

MF

5.5.2

Facebook

·         Facebook now fully active and linked to the web site.

 

Note

5.6

Treasure’s Report / Finance

·         Bank Balance –$367.00

Note

 

5.7

Localism

·         RD recommended agenda topic be change to Localism.

·         RD read out an extract from a paper by Jack Goldsworthy about Localism

·         England is re-focusing on Localism.

 

RD

5.8

G21

·         Nothing to report.

 

JF

5.9

Community Forums

 

5.9.1

Mayor Community Forum

·         Joint Community Forum with BHA for Mayor to speak at Barwon Heads Hall. Judith Brooks (BHA) is organising. JF has discussed with Mayor. MH will follow up with Judith Brooks.

 

MH/JB

5.9.2

Other Possible Forums for 2015

·         Ocean Grove UDF Priorities

·         Ocean Grove Structure Plan Update

·         Joint Forums with BHA;

-         Successful Bellarine District State Candidate. (Lisa Neveille)

·         Also possible to have a meeting to ‘meet the community’ in the new Early Children’s Centre or Surfside Centre.

 

All

5.10

The OG Voice

·         MH to prepare March 2015 newsletter for The Voice.

 

MH

5.11

OGCA Model Rules

MH tabled proposed change to Model Rules – Rule 55 – Terms of office, regarding 2 year term in lieu of current 1 year terms. Wording as follows:

 

Rule 55 – Term of Office Subrule

 

(1)   Shall be replaced with:-

 

Subject to subrule (3) and rule 56, a committee member holds office until the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting two years after the date of their election.

 

At the first election held after the adoption of this subrule the 50% of committee members with the highest number of votes will be elected for the full term of 2 years and the remaining 50% will be elected only for a term of 1 full year.

 

It was agreed to adopt the proposed change and this will now be put to the AGM for approval.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All

5.12

COGG Face to Face Service Delivery Survey

·         This is about closing Council Customer Centres. Agreed we should individually respond to survey. Surveys close 8 September 2014. Plus OGCA will follow up when outcomes of survey are released.  HD spoke to Rhonda (OG Customer Centre) and no anticipated changes at Ocean Grove. This item will now be removed from future Agendas.

 

All

 

HD

 

 

5.13

New Committee Members

·         Need to discuss how we can attract new committee members.

All

6.0

NEW BUSINESS

 

6.1

2015 AGM

·         Agreed AGM to be held 3 June 2015.

·         Suggested subject – What is happening in Ocean Grove. Invite VicRoads, COGG, Kingston.

 

6.2

Ocean Grove Structure Plan Review

·         Need to approach Council (James Hamilton) about reviewing the Ocean Grove Structure Plan which was completed in 2007.

HD

6.3

 

 

7.0

NEXT COMMITTEE MEETING

 

7.1

Next meeting to be held 7.30pm Wednesday 1 April 2015 at the Ocean Grove Bowls Club.

All

7.2

2014 Meeting dates: 7.30pm First Wednesday of each month: 6 May, 3 June, 1 July, 5 August, 2 September, 7 October, 4 November, 2 December. 

Note

8.0

Next community forum

 

8.1

To be advised.

All