2015-02-04 Minutes

 

Ocean Grove Community Association

Committee

Minutes of Meeting

held

7.30pm Wednesday 4 February 2015

at

   Ocean Grove Bowling Club

 

Item

Description

ü Present

x Apology

Minutes Distributed

1.0

ATTENDANCE

 

 

 

1.1

Meeting Opened at 7.30pm Chaired by JF.

 

 

 

John Fendyk (JF) (Chairperson)

ü

ü

 

David Reid (DR) 

ü

ü

 

Geurt Hey (GH)

ü

ü

 

Howard Deane (HD)

ü

ü

 

Michael Harbour (MH)

ü

ü

 

Ray Davey (RD)

ü

ü

 

Robyn Hayles (RH)

x

ü

2.0

Special Presentation/Guests

 

 

 HD has spoken to Jason Corless who will speak to the Committee at either our March or April meeting.

Note

HD

3.0

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING

 

Action By

3.1

Acceptance of previous meeting’s minutes – 12 November 2014 endorsed. They can now be put on the OGCA web site.

All

4.0

CORRESPONDENCE

 

 

4.1

Correspondence In

 

 

Barwon Coast Annual Report.  

Note

4.2

Correspondence Out

 

 

Nil.

Note

5.0

BUSINESS ARISING

 

 

5.1

Town Centre – Urban Design Framework (UDF)

·         Agreed we should seek community input into priortising projects/implementation program. This will be a separate Community Forum after the Minister for Planning approves the UDF. MH to follow up where UDF is at.  

 

MH/All

5.2

Barwon Heads Association Meetings

·         JF to discuss with Judith Brooks (BHA) about having joint meetings and Community Forum in 2015.

 

JF

 

5.3

Traffic Matters

·         MH/RD/HD/GH attended meeting with VicRoads and COGG today. MH preparing Minutes from the meeting. Meeting was very positive. Next meeting will be August 2015.

 

 

MH

5.4

Fund Raising

Need to explore options for raising funds.

·         Lions Raffle – HD organised us to be part of the Lions Raffle 2 January 2015 around the Riverview Caravan Park. It was very successful. They raised $1,200 of which $600 was granted to the OGCA. HD to draft letter thanking the Lions Club. Proposing to be an annual event.

·         Local Government Grants.

·         Gold coin donation at Community Forums.

 

 

HD

 

All

All

           

 

 

 

5.5

OGCA Web Site / Facebook

 

5.5.1

WebSite

·         We have invoices for nearly $750 for the web site. This is a large cost on OGCA and we need to reign in. MH to follow up with Liddy about capping her future time to maybe only 5 hours. We will then discuss the future of the website and if we use Facebook only.

·         Agreed to allow Meredith to update the web site on a monthly basis. Also agreed to include Minutes, Reports, Media Releases.

·         Need to update photos etc.

 

MH

 

 

MF

5.5.2

Facebook

·         Facebook now fully active and linked to the web site.

 

Note

5.6

Treasure’s Report / Finance

·         Bank Balance –$366.76

·         Moved/Seconded for 2 payments for the web site.

Note

 

GH/DR

5.7

Sustainable Streets and Perma Culture

·         RD highlighted activities in Australia. People concerned that governments too central and about the politicians more focused on themselves rather than the polices. There is a growing trend toward localism.

 

RD

5.8

G21

·         Nothing to report.

 

JF

5.9

Community Forums

 

5.9.2

Mayor Community Forum

·         Joint Community Forum with BHA for Mayor to speak at Barwon Heads Hall. Judith Brooks (BHA) is organising. JF has discussed with Mayor and will follow up with Judith Brooks.

 

JF/JB

5.9.3

Other Possible Forums for 2015

·         Oakdene and Kingston Estates and COGG (Re: OG Structure Plan)

·         UDF Priorities

·         Joint Forums with BHA;

-         Mayor

-         Successful Bellarine District State Candidate. (Lisa Neveille)

·         Also possible to have a meeting to ‘meet the community’ in the new Early Children’s Centre or Surfside Centre.

 

All

5.10

The OG Voice

·         MH to prepare February 2015 newsletter for The Voice.

 

MH/JF

5.11

OGCA Model Rules

·         Need to discuss our Model Rules and update for next year’s AGM. Also changing postal address to Michael’s. MH to circulate proposed changes.

 

All

5.12

COGG Face to Face Service Delivery Survey

·         This is about closing Council Customer Centres. Agreed we should individually respond to survey. Surveys close 8 September 2014. Plus OGCA will follow up when outcomes of survey are released.  HD to follow up with Rhonda (OG Customer Centre).  

 

All

 

HD

6.0

NEW BUSINESS

 

 

6.1

New Committee Members

·         Need to discuss how we can attract new committee members.

Note

MH

6.2

March Meeting –

HD has invited Kingston Estate representative (Jason Corless) to the March 2015 Committee meeting.

HD

7.0

NEXT COMMITTEE MEETING

 

 

7.1

Next meeting to be held 7.30pm Wednesday 4 March 2014 at the Ocean Grove Bowls Club.

All

7.2

2014 Meeting dates: 7.30pm First Wednesday of each month: 1 April, 6 May, 3 June, 1 July, 5 August, 2 September, 7 October, 4 November, 2 December. 

Note

8.0

Next community forum

 

 

8.1

To be advised.

All