2018-10-03 Agenda

Ocean Grove Community Association Inc

Agenda for Committee Meeting

to be held

7.00pm Wednesday 3 October 2018

at

Ocean Grove Bowling Club

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.ogca.com.au

V: 3/10/18

 
Item Description Action By
1.0 ATTENDANCE ALL
1.1

Present : 

Apologies:

 
1.2 Public : Reps from Point Lonsdale Civic Association (PLCA)  
2.0 Special Presentation / Guest(s)  
2.1 PLCA to outline their Associations issues & initiatives  
3.0   ALL
  Acceptance of previous meeting’s minutes.  
4.0 CORRESPONDENCE: ALL
  In:   Barwon Coast – Coastal Erosion Open house, TimesNewsGroup – BE&CH more info  
 

Out: Media Release – election issues, TimesNewsGroup – additional information

 
5.0 BUSINESS ARISING  
5.1

Treasure’s Report / Finance

  • Balance:$ $1601
NE
5.2 OGCA Website / Facebook                      All
5.2.1

Websitehttp://www.ogca.com.au                (Committee Lead - Phil Edwards)

PE
5.2.2

Facebook                                                         (Committee Lead - Phil Edwards)

PE
5.3 New Committee Members
  • No planned discussion
All
5.4 Fund Raising
  • Lions – Need to follow up 2019 raffle.
  • Rotary – Request letter sent 7 June 2018.
All
5.5 Membership Fees
  • Need to consider if we offer different fees for different groups (eg pensioners, students etc)?
All
5.6 Planning Matters  
5.6.1

Ocean Grove Principal Pedestrian Network

(Committee Lead – Michael Harbour)

  • Community engagement “possibly” in October 2018(No change)
  • Include as State election issue
PE
5.7

Traffic Matters (VicRoads/COGG)                

 
5.7.1 VicRoads/COGG/OGCA Meetings                  (Committee Lead – Gordon King)
  • Next meeting 9.00am Monday 8 October 2018 at VicRoads
  • Agenda sent 24/9/18
GK
5.7.2 Grubb Road Duplication                           (Committee Lead – Gordon King)
  • To be a 2018 State election item.
  • MH to prepare sketch plan of design proposal.
  • Possible Community Forum 6.30pm Tuesday 9 October 2018.

GK

MH

PE

5.7.3

Overhanging Bushes on Shell Road – Impact on Cyclists

                                                                         (Committee Lead – Noel Emselle)

    Update on any actions

NE
5.7.4

Walking Track Refurbishment – Thacker Street to Nature Reserve

                                                                         (Committee Lead – Gordon King)

GK
5.7.5 Traffic Flow Pattern (The Terrace)
  • DR to prepare diagrams
DR
5.7.6 Orton Street Presidents Avenue Intersection
  • Need to include on our State election agenda for funding.
All
5.8 Community Forums  
5.8.1 School Based Forum -                                 (Committee Lead – Karen Thorton)
  • KT to Update
KT
5.8.2

State Election Candidates Forum – 7.00pm Wednesday 14 November 2018

                                                                           (Committee Lead – Phil Edwards)

Update:

  • Venue – OG Bowls Club booked for 7.00-9.00pm for 100 people.
  • Email sent to all CBCA assns. re Breamlea, Barwon Heads, Point Lonsdale & Queenscliff & OG combining for southern Peninsula forum.
  • Candidates being invited as they are identified.3 Acceptances; waiting on Greens.
  • Publicity has commenced and MH will lead.

All

MH

5.8.3

Bellarine Environment & Cultural Heritage Centre    

(Committee Lead – Noel Emselle)

  • NE to Update
NE
5.9 Barwon Heads Association (BHA) Meetings 
  • Update
 
5.10 OG Voice Newsletter                               (Committee Lead - Phil Edwards)
  • Media release regarding election issues.

PE

MH

5.11 Bellarine Community Safety Workshop(Committee Lead – Gordon King)
  • Future 2018 meeting dates 10am Friday – 12 Oct 10:30am
GK
5.12 Council Meeting Agenda                      (Committee Lead – Karen Thorton)
  • Council meetings (7.00pm 4th Tuesday of every month) are now streamed live.
KT
5.13 OG Business Association                           (Committee Lead – Phil Edwards)
  • Issues based engagement yet to be discussed with OGBA.
PE
5.14

Combined Bellarine Community Associations (CBCA)

  • Meeting dates are: Saturday’s 10.00am at Springdale Centre Drysdale -

-       2018 - 13 Oct (9am) Special Meeting with Lib Candidate,    8 December

-       2019 - 16 February.

PE
5.15

State Election Issues (Lobbying)

  • Some issues identified for lobbying include:

-       Grubb Road construction funds.

-       Orton Street/Presidents Avenue intersection.

-       OG Principal Pedestrian Network.

-       BE&CH project.

-       Fourth Primary School site.

  • Need to try and get input from the community.
  • MH to prepare list for media release.

All

MH

6.0 NEW BUSINESS  
6.1 Review meeting calendar for October & attendance  
6.2    
6.3    
7.0 NEXT Committee MEETING  
7.1 7.00pm Wednesday 7 November 2018 at Ocean Grove Bowling Club – Board Room All
7.2

Future meeting dates for 2018 - 7.00pm first Wednesday of each month:

5 December

Note
8.0 NEXT COMMUNITY FORUMS  
8.1 State Government Candidates7.00pm Wednesday 14 November 2018 OG Bowling Club All
8.2 BE&CH ProjectEarly 2019 NE